GOLDEN CIRCLE AND GLACIER
GOLDEN CIRCLE AND GLACIER
- 11 hours and 30 minutes
- Price from
- 28.990 ISK
Explore a glacier & the Golden Circle
The Golden Circle Classic is our bestselling day tour! Follow in the footsteps of the vikings of old as you walk down into the rift valley where the American and Eurasian continental plates are literally pulling apart at Þingvellir National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the birthplace of the oldest existing parliament. Witness the steaming geothermal springs as the ground trembles and hot water spouts spectacularly skywards from the famous Strokkur Geyser at home of the one-and-only original geyser and Iceland's most iconic natural attraction. Experience the magnificence and power of Gullfoss Waterfall, a set of glacial river cascades falling 32 meters into a narrow canyon with a thunderous roar. Best part, this is all done within 8 hours!
Where the central highlands start, with their uninhabited pristine nature, you will board one of our custom-made Super Trucks that´s capable of driving across rough snowy terrain thanks to its enormous tires. The drive to the snowmobile base camp at the foot of the Langjökull Glacier is an unique Arctic highland experience and the snowmobile tour that follows is a once-in-a-lifetime adventure. Ride across the eternally frozen snow and ice fields of one of the bigger glaciers in the world on a guided snowmobile tour, exploring one of the last true wilderness areas in Europe and indeed the world.
This is one of our all time favourites and a classic Icelandic day tour.
Pro Tip: You can rent warm and waterproof jacket and/or winter boots in the online check out if you did not come prepared for Icelandic winter.
- In-bus audio guide with a choice of 10 languages (English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Finnish)
- Knowledgeable local guide
- Admission to the sights
- All necessary equipment for snowmobiling (helmet, gloves, snow-suit)
- Free Wi-Fi and USB-charger for each seat
What to bring
For the In-Bus-Audio-Guide: Bring your own headphones. Otherwise headphones are available for purchase in every bus from our hosts.
For your comfort: Dress according to weather. In Iceland it is always wise to dress in warm waterproof clothes. Weather changes can be sudden so be prepared for all weather conditions. Waterproof jacket and pants, headwear and gloves, and warm socks/waterproof shoes are recommended.
• Tours depart from the Reykjavik Terminal located at Skógarhlíð 10. Please be sure to arrive 15 minutes prior to departure along with a printed or digital copy of your ticket/voucher.
• If you have booked a hotel pickup with Smartbus™, please be at your chosen pickup location 30 minutes before the departure of the tour. Look for the Green Smartbus™ which will be outside your accommodation at within the 30 minutes of pickup.
Please note that your tour will start from Reykjavik Terminal, Skógarhlíð 10, 105 Reykjavik. Please be there at least 15 minutes before your chosen departure time.
Add Pick Up & Drop Off for 990.- ISK.
FREE for children
The starting point for Reykjavik Sightseeing Tours.
Reykjavik Terminal, Skógarhlíð 10, 105 Reykjavik.