GOLDEN CIRCLE AND WHALE WATCHING
GOLDEN CIRCLE AND WHALE WATCHING
- 10 hours and 30 minutes
- Price from
- 16.980 ISK
Two of Iceland's top five in one day
For an unforgettable action-packed day, take Iceland´s most iconic tour, the Golden Circle, and afterwards head out to sea for and evening of whale watching.
The Golden Circle Classic is our bestselling day tour! Follow in the footsteps of the vikings of old as you walk down into the rift valley where the American and Eurasian continental plates are literally pulling apart at Þingvellir National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the birthplace of the oldest existing parliament. Witness the steaming geothermal springs as the ground trembles and hot water spouts spectacularly skywards from the famous Strokkur Geyser at home of the one-and-only original geyser and Iceland's most iconic natural attraction. Experience the magnificence and power of Gullfoss Waterfall, a set of glacial river cascades falling 32 meters into a narrow canyon with a thunderous roar.
After returning to Reykjavik around 15:30, the whale watching trip will begin at 17:00 meaning you will have about 1.5 hrs to enjoy the quaint old harbor with its design boutiques and coffee houses, or simply stroll around and take in all the action in the busy harbor. In the bay a large variety of whales, dolphins and birds can be found. The minke whales are playful and in large numbers, along with the quick and quirky white-beaked dolphins, the cute harbor porpoises and the huge humpback whales.
Join our tour and step aboard one of our new buses, fully equipped with WiFi connected computer tablets for each guest. The tablets provide you with a continuous stream of relevant information along the journey with a GPS synced Audio Guide, available with a choice of 10 languages. Along the tour our local hosts will make your experience comfortable and are happy to answer any questions you might have about our peculiar country. In each seat you will also find a USB outlet to charge any of your devices.
- In-bus audio guide with a choice of 10 languages (English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Finnish)
- Knowledgeable local guide
- Admission to the sights
- Free Wi-Fi and USB-charger for each seat
- Our specially modified whale watching boats all have big viewing decks as well as indoor facilities such as a cafeteria and toilets.
- Access to the Whale Watching Centre
- Wireless internet on board
- “Whale Guarantee” If we find no whales on your tour you get another free try on our classic Whale watching tour.
What to bring
For the In-Bus-Audio-Guide: Bring your own headphones. Otherwise headphones are available for purchase in every bus from our hosts.
For your comfort: Dress according to weather. In Iceland it is always wise to dress in warm waterproof clothes. Weather changes can be sudden so be prepared for all weather conditions. Waterproof jacket and pants, headwear and gloves, and warm socks/waterproof shoes are recommended.
• Tours depart from the Reykjavik Terminal located at Skógarhlíð 10. Please be sure to arrive 15 minutes prior to departure along with a printed or digital copy of your ticket/voucher.
• If you have booked a hotel pickup with Smartbus™, please be at your chosen pickup location 30 minutes before the departure of the tour. Look for the Green Smartbus™ which will be outside your accommodation at within the 30 minutes of pickup.
Please note that your tour will start from Reykjavik Terminal, Skógarhlíð 10, 105 Reykjavik. Please be there at least 15 minutes before your chosen departure time.
Add Pick Up & Drop Off for 990.- ISK.
FREE for children
The starting point for Reykjavik Sightseeing Tours.
Reykjavik Terminal, Skógarhlíð 10, 105 Reykjavik.